Thursday 1 May 2008

Myrtle Leaf Shawl

My first lace project! I finished it on Tuesday evening. I was determined to get it blocked that evening so just before midnight, I was crawling on the floor to iron it as I haven't got enough pin needles (also, I didn't like the idea of having spiky bits around the shawl because of the needles).
It is smaller than it should be: 160x40cm instead of 190x60cm. I used 3.5mm needles, I should have used 4mm, it would have looked more open. But I am not going to knit another to check that! I think it took me at least 60 hours to knit this shawl.

3 comments:

Di said...

It really is beautiful!! Even more so in real life!

SYLVIE said...

It's gorgeous! Lovely color!

Louise said...

Great job Laurence, it's fabulous! Perhaps we should have a handknit fashion show at the bbq!!!