Sunday 4 May 2008

Onion and sunflower

Today we stayed at home.
The weather was supposed to be awful (it was in the afternoon) so we didn't planned anything. Also, Stephane had to cook for this evening (he is at a colleague's leaving party, hence, access to the computer... ;0)) and for tomorrow. They are mainly French people in his lab and they all love their food, of course, so they are taking it in turn to bring some homemade cooking every week!

I was awake 4 hours before Stephane (I am an early bird) so I had fun with some strips of paper:

Then, when he finally woke up, we checked the cupboard status to decide what to bake...

Obviously, the choice wasn't great so we went for some grocery shopping.

Under supervision (I didn't helped too much, I promised), he made an onion tortilla (for tonight)

and an almond cake (for tomorrow).

It looks yummy, and I am getting hungry... it is a shame, I won't be able to have a bite! :0(

4 comments:

Di said...

Are you sure you didn't help?? I love the cake! It looks amazing.

I was in Isa & Vic's back garden all afternoon in the rain - helping them to realign their paths and move turf - got just a little muddy!

Louise said...

oh wow, what a fab cake shape! Your cupboard looks a bit like mine at the moment, hehe.

Charlie P said...

Mmmmmm...look at that cake :) And just how much Nutella do two people need? Do you find Nutella tasted different in England? I prefer the German stuff for some strange reason.

Manoute said...

Hi Charlie, well, it is mainly Stephane (although I suspect GG and Leon to have their fare share)who eats (every evening) Nutella but because we don't have a car, we pile up when we get a chance. Also, you can't find the 3kg jar here in the UK (so we have to buy several jars and it always look more impressive)... I don't think the Nutella we get in France have a different taste but I am going to Germany in June (and Stephane is going to France), so I'll bring a jar back and we will do a taste trial!