Thursday 22 May 2008

Cheeky Monkey

Just a quick post to show you my latest knitting project.
This is a sweater for my friend's Le Minh wee boy, Lowie, who will be four next October (The pattern is in the March issue of Knitting magazine).
The back is finished and I am working on the front. I bought the yarn in Dundee. I must admit, I was pleasantly surprise when I went to the shop last Saturday (I don't know the name of the shop, it is the one in the Forum shopping centre). They have moved across to a new unit, the layout in much better and they seem to have a better choice. Of course, it is nowhere near as nice as Twist Fiber Craft, but better than nothing.
The yarn I bought contain 55% wool but it is really soft, I love it. The colors are lovely as well. My friend wanted some green instead of the blue, so I choose that pistachio green.
Now, I hope that Lowie will like it and will wear it...

3 comments:

Charlie P said...

That's a lovely coloured yarn and a very sweet jumper...the kid modelling it is a bit scary though!

Sue said...

Oh how cute, and I really like the green color too.

Liz said...

I'm going to have to share that pattern with my mom. My 3 year-old would LOVE that sweater.