Monday 12 May 2008

Isle of May

On Sunday we went to the Isle of May.
The weather was very overcast but not too windy. However, the sea was a bit rough and several person were sick during the hour trip to the island (to be honest I wasn't feeling great either). So they supplied us with pills for seasickness for the return.
We spent 3 hours on the island. We saw a lot of birds and a lot of puffins! they are so cute.
Last time we've seen puffins, it was in our plate in Iceland....
I wasn't very organized for that trip. I took only the digital camera (with its 3x zoom) instead of the pentax SLR and its 28-300mm lens. Anyway, we enjoy ourselves and I manage to take some pictures of the puffins and other birds.
There are several colonies of Grey seal around the island as well and we saw them from the boat.

Stephane looking for puffins:
Puffins:
Another one:
More:
Shags:
A Razorbill:Eiders (male and female):Guillemots:An Eider (nesting):Sea thrift in flower:Grey seals:On our way back, some people (including Stephane) saw a whale (I didn't, I was trying not to be sick so I was kind of sleeping).

2 comments:

Liz said...

Love the puffins!

Charlie P said...

Woooow! Look at all the birds and animaly things you saw! I can't believe how close up you got. Wouln't have liked to be there though- I'm scared of birds and have a phobia of sick too!...woolly birds are ok of course :)