Saturday 31 January 2009

New toy

I bought a breadmaker :o)
It arrived last week and been well used for different sorts of loaves already.

I didn't do only bread...

I've tried brioche as well. I made one with orange blossom flower and yesterday I've made my favourite: praline brioche :o)

It raised so well, that it almost overflow the pan.

This is the recipe if you want to try:
260ml of milk
2 eggs
180g of melted butter
600g of flour (I used wholemeal:white, 1:2)
1/2 table spoon of salt
80g of sugar (demerara)
2.5 table spoon of dried yeast
200g of bits of pink pralines (I bought them in France, I don't know where to get them in the UK although you can find pastries with pink pralines, so I guess, it must be possible to buy some here)

I used the brioche program on the machine but if you don't have one, the one for wholemeal bread will do.

Now, I think I am going to try and make some lavender brioche. I've got some dried lavender flowers and if I infuse them into the milk, it should flavoured it... I'll let you know how it turned out ;o)

3 comments:

Liz said...

Fun fun. I inherited a break machine when my mom got a new one and I love it. I especially love the way the house smells when it is baking.

phuong said...

wow...
je peux presque la sentir d'ici. mon ventre en gargouille, mes babines humides brillent. attention, je vais mordre! grrrrrrAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOO!

Di said...

Sounds really interesting! The praline makes the bread look great! Glad that the new breadmaker is getting use! Mine just sits in the kitchen!