Sunday 1 February 2009

Lavender Brioche

As I told you earlier, I infused a handful of lavender flowers into some milk (simmer for a couple of minutes and let it cool, then filter the milk), in order to make a lavender flavoured brioche.
- It nicely perfumes the house at the same time -


Recipe:
130 ml of milk
1 egg
80g of melted butter
350g of flour (wholemeal:white, 1:2)
a pinch of salt
30g of sugar
1.5 table spoon of dried yeast
Use the brioche or wholemeal bread program on your breadmaker.

Result:
The lavender taste is very strong so I would recommend to use only a third or a fourth of the quantity of lavender flower to flavour the milk. Also, it would be nice if it was a little bit more sweet, so double the quantity of sugar in the recipe.
Overall, it is very unusual and I am sure some toasted slice of this brioche with a creme brulée (flavoured with lavender ;o)) would be delicious.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I've never heard of this before. It sounds like it smells *wonderful*, but I am having a hard time imagining the flavor.

phuong said...

et avec quelques gouttes d'huile essentielle de lavande?