Thursday 29 January 2009

Some knitting

It's been a while since I showed you some knitting!
I manage to finish my jacket before christmas and I am very pleased with it :o)

I had my first knitting (or I should say felting) disaster early this year. I knitted this cushion cover:

and after 2 cycles at 60 C in the washing machine it turned out like this:

I am a bit disappointed because you can't see all the details anymore, the colors are kind of blend together :o(
Anyway, if you look from the distance it is not too bad so it might become a cushion cover, I have to ask the recipient if she likes it...
I am knitting a lot of things at the moment but I can't show you just now. I am taking part in a swap again and this time the theme is "tea cosy". The deadline is end of February...
In the meantime I can show you my latest acquisitions:

Some yummy Malabrigo lace yarn and Sandyhaven from Cariad (on the left) (bought here).

3 comments:

Di said...

That malabrigo is beautiful!

Sue said...

I love your sweater, very pretty color too. Ooh all that gorgeous yarn. Pity about the cushion cover, perhaps you could turn it into some sort of a bag.

phuong said...

en 2mx 2m, je l'adopterai bien comme tapis...
aujourd'hui, j'ai vu des housses de coussin tricotees magnifiques - je vais donc me (re)mettre au tricot! chaud devant!
ps: prevoir un autre pan de mur pour completer votre collection "horreurs tricotees"!