Monday 28 July 2008

Ravelympics

Next week the Olympic games will start in Beijing, as well as the Ravelympics, everywhere on the planet! Ravelry members can participate to this worldwide event. I am registered with "Team Scots Can Do It Too!" in the "shawl relay". Rules are easy: you must cast on during the opening ceremony (Friday August 8th 1pm, UK time) and you have to cast off before the Olympic flame goes out (August 24th).
I hesitated to join the French team (I can still join them as well for another project, I have to decide by August 6th) but joined the Scottish one as my project will be 100% Scottish: knit in Dundee with hand-dyed Shetland wool bought at Twist Fiber Craft and using their pattern! Also, my friend Diane is in the same team and I am hoping Louise to join as well, so we can support each other!
I already took Friday 8th afternoon off!
So, this is it:
I've called my project "haggis wrap" ;0)))

No comments: