Sunday 27 July 2008

Biergarten

While in Germany, I had the opportunity to go to several biergarten (beer garden) to sample local food and drink. The best one I've been to in Erlangen was Entla's Keller (Sorry, no link). The food was excellent, freshly prepared and the shandy delicious.

Another great thing about that biergarten is that they have their own beer pot. Every year, they have a new series printed with some local artist drawing.

When you order your drink, they charge you an extra 5euros, you get it back when you bring back the pot, unless, like me, you want to keep it!
I managed to get 2006 (0.4l) , 2007 (1l) and 2008 (1l) (I could have had more but I had to fit them into the luggage!).
I had a clear idea of what I wanted to do with them at home....
I lined the bottom with thick felt and turn them into knitting needles pot!
The one on the right is the one I got in Munich in Hofbrauhaus.

2 comments:

Di said...

They make excellent knitting pots! I love it!

Go sign up for Ravelympics and we can certainly support each other to the finish line!!

Anonymous said...

Now you are speaking my language. A biergarten. Yummy!!! And I would have kept the glasses too. :)