Thursday 10 April 2008

Yarn

For my birthday, my mum gave me this beautiful bamboo yarn from Plassard. I would like to knit myself a short sleeves or sleeveless top or jacket (I've got 7 balls).
I am looking for a pattern. Any suggestions ?

Last month, I was browsing through ravelry and I ended up on someones blog (I don't even remember who it was). She had recently bought some Alpaca yarn from Bolivia and was highly recommending it as the quality was excellent and the prices cheap even with shipping. So I had a look for myself and ended up drawing my credit card from my purse and buying 8x100g balls of each of these 2 colors:

They have an amazing choice of colors and the yarn is beautiful and so soft. If you want to have a look, it is here, but be careful, it is extremely dangerous, I did warn you....

At Christmas, I gave my great aunt, a ball of sock wool and needles and asked her to knit me a pair of sock. She measured my bent thumb (?) and then she sent me these. They fit perfectly. Warm and comfy.


The Newburgh knitting group is this weekend which is perfect as the weather forecast for this weekend is: knitting!!!!

2 comments:

Charlie P said...

Hmm...I'm intrigued by the bent thumb technique! Your new yarns look lovely. I resisted temptation and decided it was better NOT to click on the link. I have a surprising amount of yarn (mostly green) for somebody who only ever makes grey pigeons :)

p.s. Love to Leon x

phuong said...

les chaussettes sont superbes... si tu es en panne d'idee de tricot, je veux bien une paire ;-))