Saturday 5 April 2008

Shopping (part2)

I took some pictures of the buttons in la droguerie in Montpellier. The wall was just covered with buttons. I wanted a few more than what I got but they didn't have any left except from the one on the wall. So there is no point buying only 1 button (especially when it is a crocodile and couldn't match it with anything else)!


Usually when we go to France we buy cheeses and some French delicacies but also tea. Living in the UK you would think that you would get the best varieties of teas, however, this is not the case. British people tend to like plain tea with milk or herbal tea whereas French people are much more fussy and demanding. We like having the choice, that's why Twinnings, for example, is making some flavoured teas just for the French market: red fruit crumble, mint and chocolate, lemon tart, raspberry and pear, green tea with aniseed...Lipton is making a very nice caramel tea, hmmmm.... Some of my (British) colleague and/or friends love them.

I love chocolate (only good one) and this one I've never seen it in the supermarket in Dundee. We can get up to 85% here, but trust me, the 99% is really powerful. You just need to eat a tiny bit and it last for a very long time. It comes only in 50g tablets but it last much longer than the 100g ones...I need a square...hhhmmmmmm.... Maybe I should have bought more than 2 tablets!

1 comment:

Louise said...

Oh wow, those buttons are amazing! I like the flowers.

Hope you're enjoying the chocolate, that 99% stuff is really good. I use a little bit of it in the sauce when I make chilli too. Yum yum!