Sunday 20 April 2008

Sunshine and knitting needles

This weekend, the weather have been very good, although very cold (well, there is a strong freezing wind from the North). I've been out for diner 3 evenings in a row and today I feel stuffed and tired!

Today, Stephane is golfing with friend (Hence, access to the computer to post something on the blog :0)) and I am doing some knitting, cleaning and cooking.

I've made another what's left in the cupboard kind of cake for Stephane's breakfasts.
I forgot to record the ingredients but it is a simple cake with wholemeal flour, sugar (not a lot because he loves putting jam on it), butter, eggs, citrus peel and some lemon juice.

On the knitting side, I am working on 3 things: a lace shawl, a baby's jacket and stephane's jacket.

The lace shawl (Myrtle leaf shawl from "Victorian lace today", Jane Sowerby) is coming along slowly but surely. I've now knitted 30 repeats of the chart (10 to go, which represents about 10-12 hours of knitting) then, I will have to knit the border... (To give you an idea of the size, the needle is 40cm long)

This is a detail of it but it still needs to be blocked:

I have also started a baby jacket (size 2 years). I am trying to use up some of my stash. I bought this cotton yarn last year at Liddl and it is quite nice. I have 2 more lots (orange/yellow and green, 6x50g each) so I might knit this jacket 2 more times (it needs the 6 balls exactly). I only have one sleeve left to knit for this one.

I am knitting a jacket for Stephane with the Lanark yarn (Donegal silk tweed) I bought in Glasgow. It is a pattern from Bergere de France ( I am just changing a few things because the yarn is much thinner than the one they recommend for the pattern). I've done the back so far.

Yesterday, on Ravelry, I had a message from one of the volunteer editor. It was a request to use the picture of one of my baby blanket: "We’d like to feature your photo on the page for Roost Blanket by Lucinda Guy". I have accepted, I am pleased, of course!
This is the picture (Diane posted it on her blog last summer):


It was the first time I was knitting with several colors. I made it for the second baby of a friend who lives in the south of France.

1 comment:

Louise said...

oh wow! I am very impressed by your ravelry fame, congratulations!! I love that blanket, it's fab. Good work on the shawl too, nearly finished.