Thursday 28 February 2008

Soapnuts

This is just a quick post to tell you about Indian soapnuts. I've discovered them a few weeks ago watching a program on TV5 (the french channel around the world) about environmentally friendly products. The shell of these nuts are covered with saponine which is a natural washing detergent. I've decided to give it a try and I am really pleased with it. The soapnuts have a vinegar smell but the laundry does not smell after the wash. I gave some to friends to try and so far the feedback is excellent. I promise, I am not paid by any company to say that ! I bought 1kg, it is suppose to be enough for a year if you do 3-4 washing machine/week.
For people living in the UK, I bought mine there. I am sure you can find them easily anywhere.
We can all do a little something for the environment ! :0)

1 comment:

Louise said...

Yes, I agree! Thankyou very much for my little trial pack Laurence!

I gave them a good test last weekend and I'm also quite impressed. I'll definitely be buying my own supplies once I've finished my box of washing powder.

Your jacket is great by the way, maybe you'll see a nice button at Twist next weekend...