Monday 4 February 2008

Olivia's blanket

This weekend I managed to do quite a lot of knitting. I have finished the blanket for my niece to be. It took me ages to knit the border as I decided to pick all the stitches at once (600 stitches plus the increases at the corners) and knit it in the round.



I am still working on Maeva's jumper. The back is now done and I am on the first sleeve. I still have a lot of tidy up at the back and the embroideries but I am getting there.

Finally, I've started something for myself: a Debbie Bliss pattern from her book, rialto.

I've bought the wool at Christmas. I've choosen 100% merino from Katia. It is really soft and much cheaper than the Debbie Bliss. The whole body is worked in one piece to the armholes. I've just started on the second ball. Although I did the sample for the tension, I had to start again 3 times to get the right size. I am going to make it a bit longer as I find it a little short.


I've done something else with the lopi but I don't think I should put it on the blog just now as the person it is for might see it. It needs a little finishing touch anyway...

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Your blanket looks wonderful - I love the colours. I have also looked at that Debbie Bliss pattern so I can't wait to see how it will turn out - I'm sure you will have it finished by next week.

Jane said...

The blanket is gorgeous! You should take a pic of them both together. I hope your brother and his family appreciates all your hard work!

Anonymous said...

I think I like to watch your knitting endeavors because it makes me feel like I'm involved in the process... if only I could really knit! ;)

I'm always amazed by what you've got going on!

Lindsey said...

Just to say, your blanket looks fabulous, but picking up 600 stitches at once! That's dedication, that is.