Monday 3 March 2008

Otto

This weekend, I've finished the owl I started last Sunday. This is a pattern from lucinda Guy book, "and so to bed". I like it very much. It will now fly to Vietnam to its owner who should be born in a few months.

Last week, on Ravelry, I've made an interesting yarn swap with someone in Florida. I swap some Araucania quellon (that particular colour I had was out of stock everywhere and I didn't had any plan with it) for that amazing Great Adirondack yarn, trillium. It is worth $45 and I just need a great idea for it. The picture does not make it justice, it is a shame because it is a truly amazing yarn.



An update on Maeva's jumper: on Saturday, Sophie gave me the ball of wool I was desperate for to finish that project. I knitted the second sleeves that evening and on Sunday was very happy with myself, finishing the embroideries and I was hoping to finish it. But when I wanted to sew the sleeves I realised they were far too small. I was really angry against myself because I never thought of checking the first sleeve (although I did follow the pattern)! How stupid is that !!!! I now have to re-knit both sleeves. Grrrhhh...!

Next weekend I won't be able to do much knitting for myself and I will miss the Newburgh knitting group as I will be at the SECC in Glasgow for the International craft and hobby fair- stitch and hobbycraft. I volunteer for that event to show and teach people how to knit. I am going on both Saturday and Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You continue to amaze me with your knitting! Cute little fella!