Friday 1 February 2008

Flognarde

Last Sunday we had a farewell lunch for Jane at Louise's. I've baked a flognarde and it was appreciated. It is not a very sweet dessert so you'd better double the amount of sugar if you've got a very sweet tooth. It is very light and easy to make.


Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
4 big pears (or 2x400g cans of pear in juice, drained)
Lemon juice (if using fresh pear)
4 eggs
1 litre of milk
90g flour
100g sugar
40g butter
5cl pear alcohol (optional)

Grease a deep tin.
Boil the milk with the sugar.
Sieve the flour, add the eggs and mix. Keep beating, and then gradually pour the hotsweet milk into the egg/flour mix. Add the pear alcohol.
Peel and seed the pears. Spray them with some lemon juice so they won't go black.
Then, put them into the greased tin. Pour the dough on the pear.
Spinkle some butter on top.
Bake for 40 minutes at 190 C.
You can eat it warm or cold. It is suppose to be delicious with some red fruit jam.

Bon appetit !

3 comments:

Di said...

I can testify that it was truly delicious and I could have eaten everything!

Louise said...

Yum me too! I very much enjoyed the leftovers the next day as well, so I'm glad we were too full to finish it there and then!

Jane said...

Thanks very much for making it! I loved it. At the moment, we have many ripe peaches from the tree, so I am going to try a variation soon!