Saturday 15 March 2008

Dougie dog sweater

I have started a new project last Sunday as I needed something easy to do while I was in Glasgow: Dougie dog sweater from Lucinda Guy (Her books are a really good investment), "handknits and things". I did half of the front when I realised it was going to be far too small so I had to start again (I am undoing a lot of things at the moment). I didn't buy any wool for that project, I decided to use what I had in my stash. So this morning, after finishing the body, I weight it on a scale and I did the same with the wool I had left and calculated the number of stitches per g of wool. I can knit 157.4 stitches/g wool. Then, I calculated the number of stitches per sleeves (I can't help me with the pattern as I use a totally different wool, much thicker, so I have to recalculate everything for that as well). So each sleeves are in theory no more than 5000 stitches and I have 65g of wool left which should be enough. However, theory and practice are two very different things (and I need some wool for the sewing as well), so, to be on the safe side (I don't want to knit the sleeves twice again), I am going to do the cuff part of the sleeves with another color, and I'll use this color for the pocket. It will hopefully turn out OK.
Le Minh, I hope you like it so far because it is suppose to be for Camil :0)

I am still working on my lace project but at a much slower pace... I did the pattern 14 times, and I need to make it 40 ! You see the strand of blue yarn near the top, this is how much I knitted of it since last Sunday...

Enough for now, I am going back to my knitting before going out tonight.

3 comments:

phuong said...

Merci Laurence! En plus, Camil est du signe du chien. Ca a l'air d'etre tres sympa. Ce sera quelque chose qu'il portera surement l'automne prochain, lorsque nous serons en Belgique! Il porte actuellement du 2 ans patapouf. Bises! LM

Anonymous said...

What a cute little sweater!

Charlie P said...

Wow- your knitting is so impressive! It's so neat. I love all the things you've been making, especially the stripy owl. I hope Leon enjoyed his time in France!