Thursday 25 October 2007

Shopping

Just a quick post to show you what I found on the market in Sapa: pure silk. It is very soft and can be died as well. They were selling natural dye on the market but I didn't know the quantities so I didn't buy any.
I did buy all the silk though :0)










I bought these in Hanoi. I suspect it is acrylic but it is very soft. It looks like unspun but it doesn't break when you pull the strings. I am sure I will find a use for them.









Unfortunately, I didn't manage to find any Lantern Moon product. I suspect it is only exported to avoid any copy. Also, I spent an hour to draw a pattern in a shop where they used to do custom made bag, to have beautiful needles cases in embroided silk made, unfortunately, they are too busy with all the orders for Christmas so they don't do individual orders anymore...

No comments: