Tuesday 23 October 2007

Sapa

First of all, thanks a lot for your comments I really appreciate them.

The night train to Laocai was a nightmare. I couldn't sleep, it was shaking so much ! Additionnally, I was sleeping just underneath the airconditionning.... The return was worse and today I have fever (more than 39.5). I hope it is not the flu. I am not feeling great at all, so I will make it short and let you appreciate the pictures.
From Laocai train station we took a taxi to Sapa (1h- 40km). We visited several villages around Sapa and did some shopping (I'll take pictures later of what I've bought, espacially some extremelly nice laceweight silk). There are 54 different ethnic minority living in Vietnam, several of them around Sapa. You can distinguish them by their clothes.







Indigo. This plant is used by the black Hmong to dye their clothes.









3 comments:

joëlle said...

Super les photos.
Quant à ta laque j'attends la suite.
Au fait, il y a bien des boeufs dans ce pays alors pourquoi s'en prendre aux chiens et aux chats ?

Anglais Pour Vous said...

Hello there
Lovely photos. More please. It seems like you're enjoying yourslf and working extremely hard. Lots of adventures of various degrees !

Hope your fever goes down and you have some time to recover :-( Would be nice to see how your lacquer comes out ...

See you through the blogs later
Froogh

Di said...

Hi Laurence!!
I hope that you are ok and feel better soon!!

It looks like an amazing trip! I can't wait to hear more!! Keep cosy and feel well!
Diane