Saturday 13 October 2007

Hanoi

At last, I am finding some time to update this blog !

The trip was pleasant, in the plane I was seated next to an old lady who is travelling a lot. We did chat during all the flight.
My friend, Phuong, lives in a nice area, it is also the red district. From the house we've got a nice view of the brothel.







In the morning, there are lots of wee towels on the roof...



One of the first thing I did was to go to the pagoda.



You can find a lot of nice quilled cards in Vietnam. I did buy some but I didn't take pictures of them.
It was then time to get some food.


Then we wandered in the old part of Hanoi on a rickshaw.







Electricity lines are absolutely stunning:





Enough for today, I'll try to post an update before going to Sapa, next weekend.

3 comments:

Louise said...

great stuff, that food looks yummy! Hope you're enjoying your course, looking forward to seeing the results :)

HAJDUCH's page said...

Et bien je vois que tu ne perds pas de temps pour faire du tourisme. Profites-en! En France, c'est la déchéance après la défaire du XV de France devant l'Angleterre. Notre moral est au plus bas!!

Di said...

Hello!! Sounds like you are having a great time! Relax and enjoy! I hope that the brioche turned out oK! I am not so sure I could go and eat dog!!