Tuesday 23 October 2007

Lacquer

I took some pictures of the lacquer I am making.
This is the voc after I digged it, glued the shells and covered it with limon+lacquer mix. Then it's been left to dry for 2 days in a wet room.




You have to sand it with a stone (not sand paper otherwise you would cut the voc) and water. It is hard work and takes hours. The end result must be flat.


Then, I had to draw the full picture on the voc and apply lacquer mix with pigments where appropriate. Finally you had some silver leaves depending on the final result you wish to have.
















Today I applied more lacquer with pigments and silver leaves. Still a long time to go before the end !!!!

1 comment:

Di said...

I am impressed - I can't wait to see what it looks like finished - the colour of green that you have used is beautiful!