Sunday 24 May 2009

What's on my needles?

I haven't shown you any knitting for a while. I am still knitting but long term projects that seem to take forever as I keep knitting smaller ones in between...
I am knitting a men jumper (free pattern here). The pattern is very simple, 4x2 rib, with a nice cable pattern on the sleeves only. It will probably be turned into a zipped jacket. I haven't done the front yet, I am on the second sleeve so I have some time to make up my mind.

Last weekend I worked on 2 quick projects:
a head band called bamboozled (free pattern here)

and a pair of fingerless mittens (free pattern here).

Both are for a friend who's leaving next week.
I am also knitting a jacket for myself, called decimal (free pattern here).

Front and back are knitted in one piece, then you knit the sleeves and finish with the yoke (therefore, no sewing is required!). I am on the second sleeve for that one. I found the sleeves too wide to my taste so I had to change the number of stitches. As a result, the pattern won't match at the yoke so I am not sure how it will look. I might have to frog it...

Finally, I am still working on a lace project I mentioned earlier. I am now on row 157 (70 more to go) but progress is slow as it now takes me about 45min to knit a row.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love the cable on that sleeve!