Sunday 12 April 2009

Balmoral

This weekend, the weather was absolutely beautiful. Yesterday, it was our monthly knitting group in Newburgh and as we had no chauffeur (Diane was coming back from Japan, and Louise was in London), Andrea rented a car. Then we (Andrea, Amberly and I) went to St Andrews for lunch before going to Anstruther for an ice cream and a walk in the harbor. The place was mobbed and there was a 30 min wait for the fish and chips! I would like to show you some pictures, unfortunately I forgot my camera :o(
Anyway, today was nice as well so I took a picture from the window:


I can show you some of my WIPs. First, a cardigan from knitty, called decimal (free pattern here). The body is knitted in one piece and the sleeves separately to underarm. Then, everything is knitted together for the yoke. The great thing is that there is only the sleeves seam to sew.
I've done the body and just started on one sleeve. The yarn I am using is Katia linen (53% cotton, 47% linen).

The second one is that lace project I mentioned earlier using 100% merino from Violet green. The pattern is called Balmoral. It is from this book:

The pattern is the one on the cover. The "small" version on the cover was initially a doily and the bigger version, a dinner cloth:

My version will be a shawl. I don't think I will have enough yarn to knit the whole thing but it will be big enough for a shawl. I am currently on row 136 and I have 816 stitches. I am still on the first ball of yarn but it is getting near the end. I am hoping to have it completed by next autumn, however life is getting busier with the nice weather so this deadline might be a little too optimistic...

It doesn't look like the book picture but the essential part will be the blocking stage. I have no clue how I will be able to do that, I am not sure I will have the space at home.
I am also working on a man jumper but no picture for this one.
On Wednesday we are going to Brussels for 5 days. I'll have my camera with me this time (hopefully) ;o)

1 comment:

Liz said...

What an amazing view you have. When will it really warm up there? We've been around 12-14 degrees C all week and it has been wonderful.