Tuesday 30 September 2008

Stained glass

Last Friday I had my first stained glass lesson. My friend Jenny is teaching me. She's got all the tools and an amazing choice of glass. I am doing a suncatcher. I've cut all the pieces and placed them on the pattern to be sure they fit together (using some blue tack to keep them into place on the pattern). Cutting glass is quite tricky but easier than expected (well, I had to redo 2 pieces because I broke them when I was cutting them).

I now have to put some copper tape around the edge of each glass piece. Then, I will have to lead the pieces together.
I really enjoyed it and I am already planning on making a lamp...

3 comments:

Lee Murray said...

Dear Manoute,

I'm Lee Murray, a third year student in Innovative Product Design at Dundee University,
currently researching the subject of creating bespoke digital objects through the use of craft.

Since you are a very active and talented craftswoman especially in the field of knitting, I am wondering if you would be willing to assist me with my research?

I would be very grateful if you would be able to offer me an insight into the field of craft
by completing a small activity pack. If you agree I would aim to send you the pack early next week.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me as I would be more than happy to answer them.

Thanks for your time and I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Lee Murray

e-mail: l.v.murray@dundee.ac.uk
tel: 07778565638

Anonymous said...

That is so lovely!! You are so very talented!

Louise said...

ooh fab! Another craft mastered by Laurence! Looks amazing, I can't wait to see the finished lamp :)