Monday 22 September 2008

Jam and yarn

The bramble season is extremely good this year and I've been picking a lot.

My freezer is small so I have to do something with all these goodies nature gives us. I've made an apple and bramble crumble (and will make another one on Saturday) and jam (bramble and bramble/raspberry).

This summer I made jam, probably a bit more than usual, so I decided to count my stock so I know what's in my cupboard:


Flavour Number of jars
Bramble 31
Raspberry 17
Strawberry 15
Blueberry 9
Yellow raspberry 7
Plum 5
Blueberry/Raspberry 11
Bramble/Raspberry 11
Yellow raspberry/Banana 4
Total 110
and this does not include all the jars I've already given, which is about 30 I think.
I can't eat all that in a year but I trade it against lift to/from work/knitting shop, barley flour, knitting pattern....etc... :o)

On the knitting front, things are a bit slow at the moment but my stash I've grown again! I bought some Katia linen (£2/Ball, a bargain!) to knit a nice summer cardigan (from Interweave) and some Freedom spirit yarn (it was to make it up to £40 so I wouldn't pay for shipping).

6 comments:

Louise said...

You have enough jam to open your own shop, good work! Apple and Blackberry crumble is one of my favourite ever things, yum yum.

Di said...

Wow - that is a huge jam supply!! I am sure it'll keep you and Stephane sweet all winter!!

HAJDUCH's page said...

Tu m'en gardes un peu j'espère!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously!?! That is enough jam for the rest of your life. You should send some of that to Texas! ;) I'll trade... a kid???

Charlie P said...

WHOA! That is a LOT of jam! Impressive :D

phuong said...

mmm...je peux reserver qq pots de confiture??