Tuesday 5 August 2008

Lace and chair cover

This weekend I finished my first chair cover! I could have bought new kitchen chairs but, I don't like waste and the only thing that is wrong with them are the covers. I made it with the left over from Stephane's jacket: New Lanark Donegal Silk Tweed DK. It is a bit itchy so I can't really use it for baby things or scarves. It is washable though, so perfect for the cover!

Before:
After!I remove the plastic and left the foam so the cover doesn't move.
So, I have to knit a second one....
This is not a very exciting project so it might take a little time...

Last week I also finished my voyager lace stole:
I knitted it with Rowan 4-ply. I love that yarn. Hopefully, I am going to Twist Fiber Craft on Saturday, and I hope they still will have some in the bargain basket...

Tonight, our friends from Melun (near Paris) are coming for a few days. They will have to leave before Friday lunchtime because, from 1pm, the Ravelympics are starting and we are having a casting on party at home! I am getting really impatient!
I've also been invited to join the Scottish swap group on Ravelry, so I will do my first swap next month. The theme is celtic warmers. I have to wait to know my swap partner so I can adapt to her/his taste.
Today, I also bought my plane ticket to go to "le salon Marie Claire Idees" in Paris in November, with Diane and Andrea!!!!

1 comment:

Louise said...

Great job on your seat cover and stole, you're such a fast knitter it's amazing!

Looking forward to the ravelympics casting on session tomorrow... I tried to make some blackcurrant jam today to go with scones for us but I overcooked it and it's TOTALLY SOLID! Oops. Will come up with something else while I'm sleeping :)