Wednesday 2 January 2008

Sunshine

On Sunday it was my mum's birthday. I've made her a nice low fat and zero calorie cake (Thank you Diane for the pattern) ! She loved it and a lot of people suggested they would really appreciate to have the same for their birthday... I already have a lot of knitting projets on my plate for 2008, I will have to draw a Gant charts to be able to keep on target ! Luckily Santa brang me a nice pair of gloves so I won't have to knit one (it was on my list).


The new year's party was great. Each of us had to prepare a dish. I've made a "paté de pâques" (easter pate). I like this kind of anachronism. It is dead easy to make. This time I've added twice the amount of spinach. The recipe, in french, is here.
My mum is a really good knitter, and she is knitting for her future grand-daughter, Olivia.
She has just finished this little bolero,

and she have to saw this jacket and crochet the twenty something flowers for the hat. Bergère de france has great patterns for babies and toddlers.

Holidays are almost finished....We've been really lucky with the weather. I will miss the sunshine, the cold, the snow on the mountains, the food..... Anyway, we are flying back on Friday. We should be home on Saturday as we are stopping in Edinburgh for a night to see friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the perfect cupcake! 0 calories. Lovely little sweater too. Can't wait to see what the year brings. I will read along in envy. Maybe I'll learn to knit... at a snails pace.