Sunday 20 January 2008

London

On Wednesday we went to London to see the latest show of "le cirque du soleil": Varekai, at the Royal Albert Hall. It was really good, we enjoyed it.

As we arrived early, we had some time to wander around. The weather was really nice so we walked in Hyde Park, then we went quickly (30 minutes) to the Victoria and Albert museum and even more quickly ( 10 minutes before closing) to the science museum. Both museum are really worth a visit but we had other commitments... Next time I'll put them on the priority list, for sure!
At the science museum, you can see the model of the Forth rail bridge !


The next day, while Stephane was sitting his translation exam, I went to the Tate Modern. Initially, I wanted to go to Eltham palace, unfortunately it is close at that time of the year.

I liked these very colorfull african paintings (sorry, I forgot the name of the artist).

Then I went back to Picadilly circus and later Covent garden (with a stop at the chinese quarter to eat some dim sun). I went to All the fun of the fair and as the sale were on I got some really nice and cheap wool (2 balls of baroque yarn, £1 each, and 2 balls of hand dyed araucania yarn, £2 each !). I don't know what I am going to knit with them, so far they just look nice in my stash.




1 comment:

Di said...

Sounds like you had a great time in London!! Will learn more on Wednesday I guess!!