Sunday 2 December 2007

Disaster

On Saturday, my brother, his wife and their 3 year old came for lunch. Initially, I wanted to post something about the wonderful banh bao I would have made for the occasion. Unfortunately, it was a disaster: the bread dough was a bit too wet, also I didn't have proper bread flour, so by the time the banh bao was stuffed, left to rise and ready to be cooked, the quail eggs were trying to run out of the buns. I should also mentionned that I made a pandan and coconut cake (it was a mix, I just had to add water) that didn't turn out well either. It was a 2 layers cake but the bottom layer escape as I was putting it in a tray and broke in several pieces. I had to cut it in small pieces to try to make it eatable... Anyway, we did eat the banh bao and the cake but we also had steam veg and a fruit salad.
I am posting some images, at least you can have a good laught ;0)))

No comments: