Sunday 10 January 2010

Diet

I need to go on a diet... ;o(

... a very strict one...

Today, I did some winter cleaning and decided to take all my stash out to see where I was up to with it since it is dispatched in several locations in the flat.
I decided to put it all on the lounge floor to have an idea...
it is a bit scary...

I took a picture (I had to climb on a chair to take it):

Well, it would be a lie to say it is a picture of my whole stash... I should say, it is nearly my whole stash (the picture shows you only the untouched balls of yarn). I doesn't include the few balls of acrylic I have for toy knitting and all the left over yarn from all my projects (there are quite a lot actually).

I really need to go on a yarn diet :o(

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Je n'en crois pas mes yeux !!! avec d'aussi belles laines, tu dois pourvoir trouver des idées ?
A moins que cela ne fasse, comme pour moi, devant tous mes papiers : plus d'inspiration pour faire une carte !!

Louise said...

I'm drooling!! Well done you for having a sort out :)

I see you have a disc of dark blue lopi there. Would you consider swapping it for any other colour? Started on my attempt at a lopi bag design and I don't have enough. I've got some the same as you, but also rust, and quite a lot of plum.

Di said...

Laurence, you definitely could start your own shop!! I hate to think what mine looks like!

Let the Lopi bargaining begin.......

ely said...

le tout c'est de trouver par où commencer!! c'est pourquoi, je laisse mes pelotes ds un sac ou l'autre; j'ai moins l'impression d'avoir fait des achats compulsifs!!
bon bennn au boulot!

camounjazz said...

Ca me fait rêver toutes ces pelotes... et dire que mon stock est à peu près dans le même état... Le problème, c'est qu'en attendant de trouver des idées, je me laisse tentée par une pelote par ci une pelote par là (d'ailleurs, je me suis fait un petit stock de Rowan felted tweed pour faire des gants... c'est le cadeau qui plait à tous les coups et qui est rapide à faire !)... Je cherche aussi activement une idée pour transformer la pelote de Lopi que tu m'as offerte...
Au moins avec tout ça, on ne risque pas de s'ennuyer ;)

startare said...

Wow! C'estvrai que ça fait envie. Mais c'est très joli comme ça aussi, tu peux dire que tu fais une installation! La laine, ce n'est pas seulement fait pour être tricoté, on peut aussi simplement l'admirer.

Liz said...

Wow. That's a lot of yarn, but it is all beautiful. You've just got to get knitting!

Ninie B said...

Quel magnifique stock !!!
Sur le kal du "petit âne" nous sommes plusieurs à avoir fait une liste de nos laines avec le métrage, l'échantillon, poids etc ... c'est super pour trouver dans son stock ce qu'il faut pour un modèle ;o)
Biz

Sinclair said...

What a positively wonderful yarn stash!

Tsitsa said...

Quel stock ! Un vrai régal pour les yeux !