Wednesday 4 February 2009

Stained glass

I've started stained glass classes 3 weeks ago and I love it. I am going every Tuesdays for 2h (here).
In 3 classes and I did much more than expected:
  • prepare the pattern
  • chose the pieces of glass and the beads
  • draw the pieces and cut them
  • grind and adjust the pieces
I am very lucky because we are only 2 students on Tuesdays and sometime the other student can't come so I am on my own with the teacher :o)
I took some pictures last Tuesday.
Grinding machine:

One lamp panel:

All six panels before adjustment:

Now, I've got to wash all the pieces and copper foil them and next week I will start assembling the lamp :o). I've chosen the base and the other bits and pieces. I have no idea how long it will take to do it but no more than a couple of sessions I think.

I can start thinking of my next project!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! it's going to look great!

Di said...

It's looking lovely!! Can't wait to see it finished!

Liz said...

I have always wanted to learn how to do that. I can't wait to see the finished product.