Sunday 29 June 2008

Erlangen

I am now back in sunny Dundee. I really enjoyed my stay in Germany. It is a much more attractive country than I thought. I could see myself living there for some time...
The aim of the trip was work, however, I managed some sightseeing during the weekends. I have hundreds of pictures to go through so it will take a little time to upload them on the web. Also, I won't flood you with photos, I'll just select some of them to post on the blog, otherwise, most of them will be on flickr if you want to see them all.
I was based in Erlangen, a nice and wealthy (half of the population is employed by Siemens, the other half by the university) small town.
Some pictures of the city centre:
I was staying next to the biology department of the University, about 3 km from the city center. It was a great location for wood walking!!! This is a picture of the university, The buildings are spread within the forest:

I love that giant pea pod:

3 comments:

Charlie P said...

Erlangen looks really, really nice! I know what you mean about Germany being more attractive that you thought. I had quite low expectations but was very pleasantly surprised and could quite happily live here for a year or two enjoying all the cake, sun, cleanliness and organisation :)

Di said...

Sounds like you had a great trip - it was good to catch up today! I love the pea pod too!!

Anonymous said...

What a great trip! Welcome home!