Saturday 3 October 2009

Stained glass

My blog is being neglected at the moment because I am working on my stock for the craft fayres in November. I have nearly completed my 12th pair of gloves (2 fingers to knit), only 3 more to go :o)
Today I am going to show you where I am up to with my stained glass projects. The Rennie Mackintosh style lamp made it home safely and I found a little bit of space next to the sofa to display it:

The Rennie Mackintosh mirror just need some lead around it to be complete. The teacher doesn't have the right thickness of lead so I will have to wait a bit before finishing it. I am going to a stained glass supply shop at the end of November so I am hoping they will have what I am looking for there.

A wee while ago I bought this lantern:

The glass panels are removable and I designed new ones with hexagon to match the top of the lantern.


I've done one panel and this is how it looks like for now:


The teacher is on holiday for a couple of weeks so I am having a break. It gives me a bit of time to think of my next projects...

2 comments:

Liz said...

Wow. Your stained glass is amazing. I would love to learn how to do it. That mirror is my favorite.

camounjazz said...

C'est très chouette... Je n'aurais pas la patience de le faire, je pense... je préfère 1000 fois admirer ce que tu fais... J'aime beaucoup la lanterne :)