Sunday 23 November 2008

An angel with blue hair

The weather is becoming much colder here and we had snow during the night.

I spent Saturday at my friend Jenny to learn stained glass. I've finished the iris:
Having cut all the pieces last time, I wrapped copper foil around the edge of every pieces before soldering them with an alloy tin/lead (60/40). It is not that easy and needs a bit of practice. If you don't look too close, the result is not too bad for a first attempt.

Then, I had time to make another suncatcher: I decided on an angel and I thought blue hair would be perfect!

I am now ready for my next and more challenging project: a lamp. Jenny made it already so she gave me the pattern. I found someone (thanks to Sheila at knitting) doing stained glass evening classes (here) very close from where I live so I will do the lamp there I think (my friend lives 40 min away by bus). I should start in January...
I also would like to make a lantern and a mirror.

1 comment:

phuong said...

une lanterne serait vraiment magnifique